Friday, August 21, 2009

Things that go bump in the night

So, we are sitting around the campfire in Pentwater, the fire is roaring, music is playing, people are laughing when John let's out a scream any little girl would be proud of. His leg's fly up in the air and we all laugh but he's yelling, no...no something ran into my chair and bit me. Now, John being the jokester that he is no one believed him until Stella, who was sitting next to him, started screaming no no I saw it...a fury creature was under his chair. Half heatedly I got out of my chair to inspect the leg in question and sure enough there was blood and bite marks. Well needless to say all pandemonium broke loose around the fire, screaming like you have never heard, what to do what to do. Should he go to the hospital or should we call the police or just wait, so we did nothing until Sunday night when we got home from Pentwater. I looked rabies up on the Internet and it said,"if bitten by an unknown creature seek help immediately. Once you start to exhibit symptom's it's to late". Being the good wife that I am I sent him on his way, thinking they'll probably just give him a shot and some pills and he will be fine. Well, he didn't get 1 shot he got 15 shot's and he will need a shot once a week for 4 weeks. So next time you are enjoying sitting out at a bonfire... just be careful of thing's the go "BUMP" in the night....

2 comments:

KDV said...

OMG!! I hadn't heard this story! What bit him? Ugh...

Is he OK now??

Denise said...

Hi...I know creepy...they think it was a grey fox. It bit a little girl the mon after we left Pentwater and the Dad caught it. They are testing it for rabies...